31.7.14

It feels like a roller coaster

This morning I wake up to this amazing weather! So I felt full of energy and positivity. The weather really can make the difference, right?
Usually in this period of the year I slow down a lot, but this time is very different. I have so many new exciting projects coming in that need my full attention and so many ideas I want to try out that I feel a bit on a roller coaster. It's very nice to be full of projects and new ideas, but also a bit draining. I concentrate so much on work that yesterday I forgot to have lunch! And this to me is exceptional, I love food and I love cooking.

So at the moment I'm working on a new limited series of clutches. I found a lovely cotton a while back and when I saw it I knew I had to make small bags out of it. This is what they look like now.
I'll add a detachable strap so they can be used as cross-body bags too and I'm going to block print two of them and paint the other two. One of them is going to have a pineapple on it thanks to a special request from one of my clients who saw this pic on my Instagram (are you on Instagram?) and went for it. 

On a different note I'm not sure if you remember my little experiment with the avocado pit. Well he's doing great, look at this! It's so incredible to grow something from seeds, isn't it? It amaze me all the times. As a city dweller with only a balcony and terrace as outside space i do my best to grow as much as I can. We have many herbs and a potted lemon tree. Last year we had tomatoes and salad. Not much really, but the satisfaction is always huge! Do you grow any food? What's the best thing you ever grew yourself? 



7 comments:

  1. The weather definitely makes a difference!
    I feel quite productive on bright, sunny days :) Cute pouches!
    Currently we're growing cherry tomatoes, physalis, zucchini and lots of herbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I would love to be able to grow zucchini :)

      Delete
  2. I like a cool nice breeze. This weather is pretty nice though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing little avocado plant! We have a container garden only but we grow various flowers and my most special pot is overflowing with lovely herbs: sage, mint, thyme and rosemary,mainly. I love being able to snip off just what I need!

    Your little sacks are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love growing herbs and using them in my cooking, pretty awesome!

      Delete
  4. I do this all the time (get too absorbed by my projects)! I can definitely relate to it being draining...Remember to take it easy, too :) I regret not really growing anything on my balcony this summer, maybe it isn't too late? Fresh avocados would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's not too late for some sort of salad, maybe?

      Delete

please leave a comment here. I would love to hear from you!